Tue 19 Feb 2013
Retail Cleaning Workers Set Deadline for Strike!
BREAKING: New coverage on the deadline for a strike:
- “Workers Cleaning Target Stores Threaten to Strike,” Josh Eidelson, The Nation, Feb. 22, 2013
- “Retail rebellion: The next big strike could begin next week,” Ned Resnikoff, MSNBC, Feb. 22, 2013
- “Target janitors threaten strike,” Natasha Lennard, Salon.com, Feb. 22. 2013
Janitors who clean big box chain stores like Target earn sub-poverty wages with almost no benefits. Workers have been organizing with CTUL for fair wages and working conditions for over two years – and now they’ve decided that enough is enough! Janitors have decided that if the cleaning contractors where they work won’t meet with them to address unfair labor practices by Sunday, February 24th, 2013, they will go on strike to protect their rights.
STAND WITH WORKERS:
- Mon, Feb. 25, 10pm, Rally with Striking Workers, 2511 E. Franklin Ave.
- Tues, Feb. 26, 6am – 10:45am, Picket with Retail Cleaning Workers, Target store in downtown (900 Nicollet Ave.) – Join us for 15 minutes or four hours!
- Tues, Feb. 26, 11am – noon, Rally with Take Action in front of Target Corporate HQ, 1000 Nicollet Ave.
We hope that retail janitorial employers will stop violating workers rights and meet with workers in sincere and meaningful dialogue, but janitors are prepared to go on strike to protect their rights if necessary.
No Responses to “ Enough is Enough! ”
Sorry, comments for this entry are closed at this time.