CTUL Donor Organizer
Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en la Lucha (CTUL) is seeking applications for a full-time position as a Donor Organizer. This position will lead the work of organizing individual donors, and will work with a team on the Raise Workers’ Voices Campaign to raise approximately $1.5 million in two years to take CTUL’s work to the next level.
CTUL organizes low-wage workers from across the Twin Cities to develop leadership and educate one another to build power and lead the struggle for fair wages, better working conditions, basic respect, and a voice in our workplaces. CTUL is an organization of workers and for workers, committed to securing fair working conditions for present and future generations.
Location: Twin Cities Metro
Job Type: Full Time
Closing Date: 2/22/17, or until position is filled
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systems & Support: Develop and implement the systems for an individual donor program at CTUL including managing donor lists, tracking pledges and donations, meeting regularly with prospective donors, and overseeing acknowledgements of gifts and pledges.
- Individual Donor Organizer: Meet regularly with prospective donors; cultivate a large and medium donor portfolio; create and execute a strategy for growing CTUL’s base of sustaining donors; support staff, Board members, volunteers and allies in developing and implementing their own fundraising efforts.
- Coordinate Fundraising Events: Lead the planning for two major fundraising events per year at CTUL: Pancake Brunch & Gala; support individuals in planning and implementing fundraising events; lead fundraising at major actions organized by CTUL.
- Support the Raise Workers’ Voices Campaign: Arrange for meetings with representatives of unions, congregations, and community organizations; prepare materials for the campaign; plan special events; participate in strategy development and ongoing planning of the campaign, working collaboratively with the Board, Co-Directors, Development Coordinator, Ally Organizer, and the Campaign Committee; support with grant writing.
- A passion for economic and racial justice, and particularly for CTUL’s mission.
- Experience in fundraising and developing systems for an individual donor program is highly desired, but passionate organizer candidates will be given the mentoring they need to succeed
- High level of computer literacy including online databases, spreadsheets, basic design, etc.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all level of Board members, CTUL members, staff, volunteers, donors, and prospective donors. Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Political or issue organizers with experience organizing events, building leadership through 1:1 conversations, or recruiting and coordinating volunteers are strongly encouraged to apply.
- People of color are strongly encouraged to apply
- This job requires an average 45 hour workweek, generally working weekdays with some flexibility required of working evenings & weekends.
SALARY/BENEFITS: This is a salaried position compensated at $35,000. Benefits include: 3wks vacation accruing immediately; 12 paid sick days; Healthcare at 10% cost for individual and family; and Pension 5% of salary.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Brian Merle Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org