Finance Program Administrator Position
Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en la Lucha
Over the past ten years, CTUL has forged a new path for worker leadership development in the Twin Cities, opening new spaces where low-wage workers of color have a voice in their workplaces and in their communities. CTUL seeks to strengthen its work building as a multi-racial organization.
CTUL has a vision of organizing the most marginalized workers in our economy to directly confront the elite corporations and 1% that control our economy, make demands, and win concrete and structural changes for communities across the metro area. Through worker-led campaigns with CTUL, workers have:
- Worked in coalition to win increased wages and benefits for hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers through the $15 minimum wage in Minneapolis, and Earned Sick & Safe Time in Minneapolis and St. Paul;
- Transformed the retail janitorial industry, making the Twin Cities the first metro area where the industry is unionized;
- Recovered over $2 million in unpaid wages and damages in cases of wage theft; and
- Won long-term changes in their workplace that bring over $7 million in additional income per year into the poorest communities in the metro area.
The Finance Program Administrator with CTUL will contribute to organizational success by effectively developing, maintaining, and managing the administrative side of our growing programs and fiscal sponsorship relationships, including our existing worker-driven co-enforcement contracts in Minneapolis and St. Paul through the Labor Standards and Enforcement Division (LSED) and administering funds with CTUL as the fiscal sponsor for Tending the Soil, a coalition of poor people of color led organizations in the Twin Cities. The Finance Program Administrator reports to the Finance and Administration Director and acts as a point of contact for all fiscal sponsorship programs administered through CTUL. Job duties include:
- Develop a cross functional fiscal sponsorship administration program for CTUL
- Manage city contracts and MOUs with partner organizations
- Tracking and administering the receipt and dissemination of funds
- Streamline and improve reporting, and the associated data collection
- Develop and disseminate monthly reports for LSED and fiscal sponsorship tracking
- Coordination the collection and tracking of information through a formal reporting process
- Manage the invoicing submission process to the city
- Budget tracking and administration of fiscal sponsorship relationships
- Tracking of hours, data, and payouts to other organizations
- Coordinate meetings between CTUL staff, city staff, and staff at partnering organizations
- Connect the organizing to the city funding department through relationship building and networking
- Meet with internal staff leads and partner organizations to gather information for data reporting and gather information to write narrative around worker stories.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant data management and/or finance program administration experience is required
- Familiarity with financial management, reporting, and accounting procedures for a nonprofit organization
- High level of computer literacy
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to network and build relationships simultaneously with individuals at multiple organizations and bring them together for collaboration.
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus
- Previous experience working with administration or fiscal sponsorship programs, or city contracts.
- Commitment to social, racial, and economic justice work as an integral part of a multi-racial team.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to use diplomacy and negotiation.
- Commit to a culture of vulnerability and loving challenge for both personal growth and the growth of the organization.
- Capable of working both independently and cooperatively.
- Flexibility to attend events outside normal business hours that from time to time may include evenings and weekends as well as extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, cope with change, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Salary & Benefits:
This is a salaried position compensated at $42,745 per year for 2020 with an annual cost of living raise of 3%. This full-time salaried position will work on average 45 hours per week.
Benefits include: 3 weeks paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, 5 floating health days, and paid time off at the end of the calendar year, medical and dental insurance for you and your immediate family at 10% cost, Annual 5% year end bonus that may be applied towards retirement fund, and others.
Reports to: Operations and Finance Director
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to Operations@ctul.net using the subject: “CTUL Finance Program Administrator”
Applications will begin to be reviewed on October 1st: Position Open until Filled
Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and people from other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply