Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha
CTUL is a worker-led organization where workers organize, educate, and empower each other to fight for a voice in their workplaces and in their communities. We partner with other organizations and leaders to build a movement to win racial, gender, and economic justice. We identify the root causes of injustice and work to shift the balance of power between those who have it and those who don’t to improve the lives of our communities for present and future generations. Visit www.ctul.net to learn more about our work.
The Building & Logistics Coordinator (BLC) will support CTUL’s mission by providing critical building management, event support, and behind-the-scenes logistical functions for the organization. CTUL owns its building, and the Coordinator will manage building maintenance, IT, and security. The position will play a key role in CTUL’s organizing work by supporting its actions and events. The BLC will also have the chance to support CTUL’s allies in the movement by supporting partner organizations that utilize the CTUL building. The Coordinator will play a role in representing CTUL in conversations with neighborhood partners in and around George Floyd Square, where the CTUL office is located. This is a benefits-eligible, full-time position.
Essential duties & responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following
- Ensure completion of major building maintenance and projects (including HVAC service, security, pest, fire prevention, trash/recycling, and parking) by coordinating with contractors.
- Oversee and coordinate building repairs and overall upkeep
- Oversee and coordinate IT maintenance, including computers, printers, copiers, etc
- Manage new and existing building vendor contracts
- Manage and purchase building and office supplies, inventory, and storage needs
- Oversee building space calendar and reservations of space and equipment
- Check the mailbox and main CTUL phone line and distribute messages appropriately
- Coordinate insurance claims related to property damage and other incidents
- Coordinate special projects as needed related to the building/office space
- In partnership with other staff, develop annual priorities, long-term vision, goals, and budget as applicable for our office and building needs
- Lead the development of building-related organizational policies and procedures, and ensure that policies are followed by all staff and building users.
- Support the onboarding process for new staff members including IT set up
Event & Action Logistics
- Oversee and support the logistics of event planning and execution, including those that take place in the CTUL building and in the community
- Manage equipment and furniture maintenance and replacement
- Provide day-of event support by being a primary point of contact for event organizers, ensuring that everyone has the information and supplies they need
- Lead logistics for meetings and retreats, and other internal events
Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum of 2 years of office/building management experience or similar experience
- Highly organized and detail oriented – you like (and use!) spreadsheets, calendars, filing systems, and other tools to support you in tracking and managing projects
- Comfort with (and/or willingness to learn) G Suite, Zoom, and both Macs and PCs
- The ability to manage to deadlines
- Skilled at problem-solving in the moment – you’re creative, resourceful, and able to troubleshoot issues that emerge in real time
- Good communication practices and ability to ask for help when you need it
- Fluency in both English and Spanish (or fluent in one and highly proficient in the other)
- Access to reliable transportation
- Commitment to social, racial, and economic justice work as part of a multi-racial team
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Commit to a culture of vulnerability and loving challenge for both personal growth and the growth of the organization.
- Capable of working both independently and cooperatively
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, cope with change, and comfortably handle risk & uncertainty
Salary & Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. CTUL has a tiered salary range set by the Staff and Board based on the principles of economic justice and inclusion. This salaried position is currently compensated at $50,985 – $52,530 per year with an annual raise of 3%, an annual 5% bonus which can be used towards a retirement fund, and paid time off including holidays, sick time, and vacation time. This position will be expected to work in the office during regular business hours, with occasional work some evenings and weekends.
This position is covered under the terms of a collective bargaining agreement with the Minnesota Newspaper & Communication Guild, TNG-CWA Local 37002.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Building & Logistics Coordinator.” Priority application deadline is July 29, 2022.
CTUL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color as well as persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, women, immigrants, folks from working class backgrounds, and formerly incarcerated people.