The Fundraising Associate will bring their fundraising leadership to support the overall CTUL Development Team in reaching our fundraising goals. The main responsibilities for this position will be fundraising from ally organizations (churches, unions, public benefit corporations, etc.) and preparing reports for foundations and other major funders. This position reports to the Fundraising Lead, and will work closely with the Donor Organizer and Movement Grants Administrator. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
This position will be fully remote for the time being due to COVID, with the potential to be partially but not fully remote after the pandemic.
Over the past thirteen years, CTUL has forged a new path for worker leadership development in the Twin Cities, opening new spaces where low-wage workers of color have a voice in their workplaces and in their communities. CTUL seeks to strengthen its work building a multi-racial organization. CTUL has a vision of organizing the most marginalized workers in our economy to directly confront the elite corporations and 1% that control our economy, make demands, and win concrete and structural changes for communities across the metro area. Through worker-led campaigns with CTUL, workers have:
- Worked in coalition to win increased wages and benefits for hundreds of thousands of low-wage workers through the $15 minimum wage in Minneapolis, and Earned Sick & Safe Time in Minneapolis and St. Paul;
- Transformed the retail janitorial industry, making the Twin Cities the first metro area where the industry is unionized;
- Recovered over $2 million in unpaid wages and damages in cases of wage theft; and
- Won long-term changes in their workplace that bring over $7 million in additional income per year into the poorest communities in the metro area.
Position Description (Essential duties & responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following)
- Fundraising with Ally Organizations
- Liaise with and secure organizational sponsors for CTUL’s Annual Gala.
- Research opportunities for donations from churches and public benefit corporations.
- Prepare and submit funding applications to potential organizational allies.
- Maintain relationships with organizational donors, engaging them in CTUL’s work by sending updates and exploring opportunities for deeper partnerships.
- Bottom-line events, tabling, and other outreach and relationship-building activities.
- Fundraising with Ally Organizations
- Prepare grant reports for large organizational donors.
- Maintain grants reporting calendar and submit grant reports for various funders.
- Bottom-line the creation of CTUL’s annual report.
- Ensure ongoing communications with funders between reports.
- Collaborate with the Story Team to build CTUL’s public narratives.
- Experiment with new fundraising ideas.
- Support Donor Organizer with annual Pancake Fundraiser and Gala events.
- Support grant writing during peak moments.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 3-4 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills
- Comfortable using online databases and G-suite or similar programs (Word, Outlook)
- Strong skills in relationship-building and moving others to take action
- Self-motivated and flexible; prepared to help build out and define structures for managing a growing area of work
- Bilingual English/Spanish a plus but not required
- Familiarity with progressive organizations in the Twin CIties metro area
- Commitment to social, racial, and economic justice work as an integral part of a multi-racial team.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to use diplomacy and negotiation.
- Commit to a culture of vulnerability and loving challenge for both personal growth and the growth of the organization.
- Capable of working both independently and cooperatively.
- Flexibility to attend events outside normal business hours that from time to time may include evenings and weekends as well as extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
Salary & Benefits
CTUL has a tiered salary range set by the Staff and Board based on the principles of economic justice and inclusion. This is a salaried position currently compensated at $49,500 per year with an annual cost of living raise of 3%. This full-time salaried position will work on average 40 hours per week. Benefits include: 3 weeks paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, 5 floating health days, medical and dental insurance for you and your immediate family at 10% cost, annual end of year payment of 5% of yearly salary towards retirement fund, and others.
Reports to: Fundraising Lead
How to Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to email@example.com using the subject line: “Fundraising Associate”.
Applications will begin to be reviewed on Friday, July 16th. Position Open Until Filled.
Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and people from other marginalized communities are strongly encouraged to apply