Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha (CTUL) is a worker-led organization where workers organize, educate, and empower each other to fight for a voice in their workplaces and in their communities. We partner with other organizations and leaders to build a movement to win racial, gender, and economic justice. We identify the root causes of injustice and work to shift the balance of power between those who have it and those who don’t to improve the lives of our communities for present and future generations. Visit our website at https://www.ctul.net to learn more about our work.
The Fundraising Associate will bring their fundraising leadership to support the overall CTUL Development Team in reaching our fundraising goals. The main responsibilities for this position will be grant writing and preparing reports for foundations and other major funders, as well as fundraising from ally organizations (faith congregations, unions, public benefit corporations, etc.). This position reports to the Fundraising Director, and will work closely with the Donor Organizer and the Data and Grants Coordinator. The ideal candidate will have several years of experience in nonprofit fundraising, including strong written and verbal communication skills.
Salary & Benefits
CTUL has a tiered salary range set by the Staff and Board based on the principles of economic justice and inclusion. This full-time, salaried position is currently compensated at $52,514.55 or $54,105.90 per year, contingent on experience, with an annual raise of 3%. Benefits include paid time off including 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 13 paid holidays per year, an annual 5% bonus which can be used towards a retirement fund, medical and dental insurance for you and your immediate family at a 10% cost, and others. This position will be a hybrid position with a mix of time available for off-site and location flexible work and time that requires in-office meetings. This position requires occasional work on evenings and weekends.
This position is represented for purposes of collective bargaining by Minnesota Newspaper & Communication Guild, TNG-CWA Local 37002.
Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties & responsibilities include but are not limited to the following
- Grant Writing and Reporting
- Develop positive relationships with CTUL’s institutional and organizational funders, including foundations and grant-making entities. Lead proactive and positive communications with funders between reports.
- Support organizational grant-writing as needed.
- Prepare and submit grant reports for CTUL’s institutional and organizational funders, including foundations and grant-making entities and large organizational donors.
- Support in maintaining grants applications and reporting calendar.
- Lead and manage the creation of CTUL’s annual report.
- Fundraising with Ally Organizations
- Secure organizational sponsors for CTUL’s Annual Gala.
- Research and obtain funding commitments from religious congregations, faith communities, and communities or spiritual practice.
- Research and obtain funding commitments from public benefit corporations.
- Prepare and submit funding applications to potential organizational allies.
- Maintain relationships with organizational donors, engaging them in CTUL’s work by sending updates and exploring opportunities for deeper partnerships.
- Manage events, tabling, and other outreach and relationship-building activities as needed.
- Steward ongoing relationships with ally organizations as potential funders and partners.
- Collaborate with the Story Team to build CTUL’s public narratives.
- Experiment with new fundraising ideas.
- Support Donor Organizer as needed.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising.
- Demonstrated experience in writing successful grant applications and reports.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable using online databases and G-suite or similar programs (Microsoft Office, Outlook).
- Strong skills in relationship-building and moving others to take action.
- Self-motivated and flexible; prepared to help build out and define structures for managing a growing area of work.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus but not required.
- Familiarity with progressive organizations in the Twin CIties metro area.
- Commitment to social, racial, and economic justice work as an integral part of a multi-racial team.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with an ability to use diplomacy and negotiation.
- Commitment to a culture of vulnerability and loving challenge for both personal growth and the growth of the organization.
- Capable of working both independently and cooperatively.
- Flexibility to attend events outside normal business hours that from time to time may include evenings and weekends as well as extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Fundraising Associate.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and the position will be opened until filled. Priority application deadline is May 3rd, 2023.
CTUL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color as well as persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, women, immigrants, folks from working class backgrounds, and formerly incarcerated people.