Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha (CTUL)
Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha (CTUL) is a worker-led organization where workers organize, educate, and empower each other to fight for a voice in their workplaces and in their communities. We partner with other organizations and leaders to build a movement to win racial, gender, and economic justice. We identify the root causes of injustice and work to shift the balance of power between those who have it and those who don’t to improve the lives of our communities for present and future generations. Visit our website at https://www.ctul.net to learn more about our work.
CTUL seeks to hire an experienced fundraiser to lead a team of four in organizing money to fuel our worker-led campaigns for justice. The Fundraising Director bottom-lines CTUL’s grant portfolio and oversees fundraising for CTUL’s $3.2 million general operating budget, which includes guiding the other members of the fundraising team who are responsible for fundraising events, organizational sponsorships, government contracts, and individual donors. The ideal candidate sees fundraising as a form of building power in service of equitable social change and is willing to apply a critical lens to conventional fundraising practices and assumptions.
Essential duties & responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following
- Supervise a fundraising team of three staff, with regular check-ins, teams reports, performance evaluations, and guidance
- Collaborate with CTUL Co-Directors and Finance Lead to develop annual budget
- Develop fundraising goals and strategy based on budget needs, and in alignment with CTUL’s campaign strategy and mission
- Work with Directors and organizing staff to build out processes for more member leadership in fundraising spaces
- Build and maintain fruitful relationships with key philanthropy stakeholders; Support Co-Directors, board members, and fundraising staff in developing and managing relationships with donors and ally organization stakeholders
- Bottom-line grant proposals and grant reports to foundation funders, personally handling those of the highest priority and supervising staff and/or contractors in completing others
- Gather information from organizing staff and directors to craft reports and proposals that powerfully reflect CTUL’s work
- Manage grant contracts and other paperwork; maintain files and an up-to-date calendar of grant deadlines and related information
- Coordinate joint fundraising with movement partners and other stakeholders, and collaborate to establish new funding streams
- Advise and mentor movement partners on institutional fundraising
- Maintain regular communication with CTUL Co-Directors, Communications Director, and Donor Organizer to assure consistent messaging
- Represent CTUL in philanthropic spaces and events
- Support the Donor Organizer and Resource Organizer in staging annual fundraisers
- Support and collaborate with the Communications Organizer and the Story Team in creating public-facing framing and talking points
- Represent CTUL in regional/national collaborations when Co-Directors are unavailable
- Support major CTUL events/actions as needed
- At least five years’ experience in fundraising
- Commitment to CTUL’s mission and vision
- Proven managerial skills, willing to both set direction and participate as a team player
- Professional maturity, judgment, and decisiveness to motivate staff and to inspire confidence among funder prospects
- Demonstrated success with grant writing and donor management
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with all levels of Board members, CTUL members, staff, volunteers, funders, and prospective funders
- High level of computer literacy including online databases, spreadsheets, G Suite, etc.
- Able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Proficiency in G Suite, Zoom, Powerbase or similar donor database
- Have a flexible schedule, including some early mornings, nights and weekends
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus but not required
Salary & Benefits
CTUL has a tiered salary range set by the Staff and Board based on the principles of economic justice and inclusion. This is a salaried position currently compensated at $57,680 per year with an annual raise of 3%. This full-time position will normally work 40 hours per week. Benefits include: 3 weeks paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, 5 recuperation days, paid holidays, medical and dental insurance for you and your immediate family at 10% cost, an annual end of year bonus of 5% of your annual salary which can be used towards a retirement fund, and others.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Fundraising Director”. Position open until filled. Priority deadline: July 15, 2022.
CTUL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color as well as persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, women, immigrants, folks from working class backgrounds, and formerly incarcerated people.