Job Opening: Worker Organizer
CTUL is a worker-led organization where workers organize, educate, and empower each other to fight for a voice in their workplaces and in their communities. We partner with other organizations and leaders to build a movement to win racial, gender, and economic justice. We identify the root causes of injustice and work to shift the balance of power between those who have it and those who don’t to improve the lives of our communities for present and future generations.
This is a full-time, salaried position organizing workers in the Twin Cities. It is a year long commitment with the possibility of extension. This work includes meeting new contacts, identifying potential leaders, and developing leadership to build power in their workplace and in their communities. CTUL Staff currently work remotely from home due to COVID-19, but we anticipate these positions moving back to in-person organizing in mid-2021.
- Identify new contacts at workplaces, through current leaders, at community locations, homes, and using remote strategies (following covid safety and preparedness measures)
- Listen and understand the interests of workers identified
- Collect, input, and use data consistently
- Set up 1-1 meetings with leaders
- Build deep and intentional relationships
- Motivate and agitate workers to take action
- Support meetings and co-facilitate trainings
- Consistent communication with team and direct supervisor about work and schedule
- Commitment to CTUL’s mission and vision
- Commitment to racial, gender, and economic justice as integral part of a multiracial team
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and time management skills
- English proficiency required, bilingual in Spanish is helpful but not necessary
- Have a flexible schedule, including some early mornings, nights and weekends
- Organizing experience is helpful but not necessary if you are motivated and willing to learn
Salary & Benefit
CTUL has a tiered salary range set by the Staff and Board based on the principles of economic justice and inclusion. This is a salaried position currently compensated between $44,500 – $51,000 a year for 2021 depending on experience with an annual cost of living raise of 3%.
Benefits include: 3 weeks paid vacation, 12 paid sick days, 5 floating health days, medical and dental insurance for you and your immediate family at 10% cost, annual end of year payment of 5% of yearly salary towards retirement fund, and others.
Reports to: Lead Organizer
Please send resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to email@example.com using the subject: “CTUL Organizer”
Application will begin to be reviewed on Tuesday, January 5th, 2021: Position Open until Filled
CTUL is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, and people of color, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals, women, immigrants, folks from working class backgrounds and formerly incarcerated people.