Retail Cleaning Workers Set Deadline for Strike!
Janitors who clean big box chain stores like Target earn sub-poverty wages with almost no benefits. Workers have been organizing with CTUL for fair wages and working conditions for over two years – and now they’ve decided that enough is enough! Janitors have decided that if the cleaning contractors where they work won’t meet with them to address unfair labor practices by Sunday, February 24th, 2013, they will go on strike to protect their rights.
STAND WITH WORKERS:
- Mon, Feb. 25, 10pm, Rally with Striking Workers, 2511 E. Franklin Ave.
- Tues, Feb. 26, 6am – 10:45am, Picket with Retail Cleaning Workers, Target store in downtown (900 Nicollet Ave.) – Join us for 15 minutes or four hours!
- Tues, Feb. 26, 11am – noon, Rally with Take Action in front of Target Corporate HQ, 1000 Nicollet Ave.
- Donate to the CTUL Strike Fund
- SHARE the Strike Image from CTUL’s Facebook page
- Sign our online petition
- Come by CTUL office to pick up flyers – call Brian to make sure someone will be there: 612-859-5750 (or email Brian and we can send you the PDF of the flyers)
We hope that retail janitorial employers will stop violating workers rights and meet with workers in sincere and meaningful dialogue, but janitors are prepared to go on strike to protect their rights if necessary.